There are always debates when it comes to differentiating aphalt and concrete paving. Before they materials that are used in driveways and roads to create pavements, but today they either use asphalt or concrete. However, studies shows that more and more property owners prefer to use asphalt paving than concrete paving. Both concrete and asphalt paving has its advantages and disadvantages. However, you need to choose an option that will be more advantageous for you. In this article, I will provide the reasons why commercial sealcoating is becoming the popular choice.
Here are the reasons why property owners prefer to have asphalt paving:
- Asphalt is much easier to use and it is a popular product in repairing potholes. This product can permanently and quickly repair potholes. These can be applied as a hot patch or cold patch. It is easier to apply this than concrete.
- Asphalt paving are much more flexible than concrete, which means that they have a lower chance of cracking. Concrete has a dense and rigid design and this is why it is more prone to cracking.
- Asphalt is usually used to repair roadways, driveways, parking spaces and more. Paving is easier when you use asphalt. Especially if the surface that will be covered is not that damaged. Asphalt paving can be used even if it still has its old pavement. For more info about asphalt paving, check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavement_(architecture)#Paver.
- Asphalt can is very durable and strong. This can withstand different weather conditions and different chemicals. However, asphalt may need continuous maintenance it order for it to maintain its durability. There are actually tips that you can follow when it comes to maintaining asphalt. Concrete can easily get damaged when there are soil movements, when there are tree growth and other weather conditions. The life span of asphalt paving can last up to 30 years and more, especially if it is properly installed.
- Asphalt is much more convenient than concrete because it quickly and easily sets. Asphalt paving is much more cheaper than concrete paving. This is another reason why a lot of property owner prefer to use asphalt paving. It is more expensive to repair cracks of concretes than with asphalt. Asphalt paving is environment friendly and really offers a lot of advantages to parking spaces, roads and driveways.
These are the advantages of using asphalt replacement on roads, parking spaces and in driveways.